4 3/4 cups rice krispies cereal
5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
3 1/2 tablespoons butter
Yellow food coloring
Orange food coloring
- Place the stove on low to medium heat. In a large saucepan melt the butter. Once the butter is melted add the mini marshmallows and turn the heat down to low.
- Continue stirring the melted butter and marshmallows together. Until the marshmallows are melted. (Looks similar to the image below)
- Spray the spatula with cooking spray (So that it does not stick to the mixture). Add all the rice krispies cereal to the pan and continue mixing the ingredients.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed separate the mixed rice krispies and marshmallows into three bowls. The first bowl will have about 1/4th of the mixture. The second bowl will have about 1/3rd of the mixture. And the final bowl will have the rest of the mixture.
- In the first bowl you do not need to add food coloring because this is your white part of the candy corn. The second bowl add 3 drops of orange food coloring. (color may vary, you can add more if you think it needs it). The third bowl add 3 drops of yellow food coloring.
- Mix the food coloring and rice krispie treat mixture together until color is consistent throughout the mixture.
- Than lay down a sheet of wax paper. You may need to place butter on your hands for this step because the mixture gets a bit sticky! Grad the white mixture and roll it in a ball shape. Place the ball in the middle of the wax paper. Press the ball down so it is in the shape of a circle.
- Grab the orange mixture and place it around the edge of the white mixture. Do the same for the yellow mixture.
- Grab a second piece of wax paper and a rolling pin. Place the wax paper on top of the mixture and use the rolling pin to make the circle leveled. (The circle should look similar to the one in the picture below.)
- Let the mixture dry for 10 minutes. After that you should be able to use a pizza cutter and slice the circle like a pizza. AND then you can eat your delicious Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats!