Disney on Ice is coming to the Resch Center in Green Bay February 16-19! If you’ve never taken your kids to Disney on Ice, I highly recommend it. It’s approximately two hours of mesmerizing excitement and an experience your kids won’t soon forget! (And if you’ve never taken your kids on a trip to Disney and/or don’t have plans to in the future, this is the next best thing–and a lot cheaper)! In fact, until our kids were older and actually went to Disney World, they thought Disney On Ice WAS Disney! Lol. 😉
Each year the theme and story is a bit different. This year the theme is Let’s Celebrate and it will lead you and your family on several exciting adventures with more than 50 unforgettable Disney characters! Hosted by Mickey and Minnie, go on an adventure through 14 of the greatest Disney stories ever told. Sing along with Olaf as he dreams of summer and dance with Aladdin as he stays “one jump ahead” in Agrabah. Share Forky’s wonder as he learns what it means to be a toy and forget your worries with Timon and Pumbaa. Dream big with the courageous Disney Princesses and much more as you create new memories with your whole family at Disney On Ice. High-flying jumps, breathtaking skating and lovable Disney friends make Disney on Ice presents Let’s Celebrate an experience your family will never forget!
There will be eight shows to choose from. Show times are Thursday, February 16 at 7PM, Friday, February 17 at 7PM, Saturday, February 18 at 10:30AM, 2:30PM & 6:30PM and Sunday, February 19 at 10:30AM, 2:30PM & 6:30PM.
A few other things to keep in mind if you will be attending the show are:
1) The show is just under 2 hours long including a 15-20 minute intermission.
2) If your child has a costume of their favorite Disney character be sure to let them wear it to the show! However, please note that per Disney policy, costumes for people ages 14 years and older are not allowed.
3) There will be MANY Disney souvenirs/toys and Disney-branded food items (cotton candy, slushies, etc.) for sale for cash or credit/debit. When kids see these things it’s only natural for them to get excited and want them. I think it’s good for parents to be prepared for this so you can either bring along extra cash to purchase these items or discuss with your children in advance that you will not be purchasing these items or that you will only be spending or buying a certain amount (i.e. set a dollar or quantity limit). If you plan to buy something for them, one idea is to tell them the dollar amount you will spend and they can help decide how to spend it, but when it’s gone, it’s gone, which can be a great early lesson in budgeting.
4) Doors open 1 hour before performance time. Items that are not permitted into the arena are:
- Bags and Briefcases (small purses & diaper bags are allowed, but NO backpacks, it is recommended that diaper bags are put in smallest bag possible and/or you put your items in a clear bag no larger than 12 x 12 x 6)
- Professional cameras, detachable lenses, flash equipment or camera bags
- Laser Pointers or Noisemakers
- Laptop Computers, iPads, or Tablets
- Weapons of any kind
- Alcoholic Beverages, Illegal Drugs or Paraphernalia
5) Parking is available at Lambeau Field & the Blue Lot across from the Resch for $10 (CASHLESS).
ADA parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis in the Blue Lot across the street from the Resch Center adjacent to Ray Nitschke Field. If all spaces are occupied, please drop off any persons with a disability at the front of the Resch Center and then park at Lambeau Field. Parking at both lots is cashless, so NO CASH IS ACCEPTED.
6) Ticket prices vary depending on the day and time you choose (and where you sit, of course). The cheapest tickets can be found on opening night, Thursday 2/16, with tickets starting at $18 each or Saturday, 2/18 and Sunday, 2/19 at 6:30PM shows with tickets starting at $23 each.
Tickets are on sale now and they sell quickly, so the sooner you get your tickets, the better! Prices start at $18. All kids ages 2 and up need tickets. Kids under 2 must sit on a lap (unless a ticket is purchased for them). All seats are reserved and tickets are available at www.ReschCenter.com, by phone at 800-895-0071 or at the Ticket Star box office in the Resch Center from 10-2 Monday through Friday.