Family Friendly Events in Green Bay for Summer 2020.
There are still family-friendly events to do in Green Bay this summer. Summer 2020 looks a lot different than past summers, that’s for sure. In the past there have been over 500 special events each summer in the Green Bay area. This summer there are much fewer events, but the good news is that there ARE still some events going on that you can enjoy as a family! I was happy to find that there are about 70 such events, which will help summer feel a bit more “normal”. Of course, for many of these events there will be new guidelines in place including social distancing and etc, so you will want to look into those details before you go and/or do what you are most comfortable with for yourself and your family.
All of these events and other places that are now re-open can be found on the let’s go mommy calendar, but for those of you who like to have things consolidated into one place and love lists, below is a recap of family-friendly events in the Green Bay area for summer 2020. Many of these activities are free or cheap (not including purchase of food). Those that are free are noted as such. For more information on these events, you can look them up by date in the let’s go mommy calendar and/or click the links below. Also, due to the unknowns surrounding the pandemic and continuously changing circumstances, it is possible that some of the below events could be canceled or changed, therefore it is highly recommended that you check or call before you go for any or all of these events.
In no particular order, here are 25 Family Friendly Events in the Green Bay Area for Summer 2020:
1. Outdoor Swimming at Colburn Pool in Green Bay (7/6-8/16) or Legion Pool in De Pere (through 8/23). (Legion Pool must be pre-reserved for 45 min time slots for a minimum of 10 swimmers at a time for $2 each.) Check the let’s go mommy daily calendar for complete hours and cost for both pools. If you are a Howard village resident, you can get a wristband for the season to swim at the Duck Creek Quarry.
2. Green Bay Booyah Baseball Games at Capital Credit Union Park. Get the complete game schedule here.
3. Drive-In Movies at Chilton Twilight Drive-In and/or Freedom’s Field of Scenes Drive-In.
4. Music at the Hill at Heritage Hill State Historical Park is on select 8/12, & 8/19 from 6-8PM; FREE
5. Children’s Storytime at Green Bay Botanical Gardens Tuesday mornings at 10, through 8/25
6. Heritage Hill State Historical Park open daily from 8-3; FREE ($5 donation per person appreciated)
7. FREE Admission to the Botanical Garden & Children’s Discovery Center every Wednesday from 4-8PM through 8/26; FREE
8. Green Bay City Band Concerts at St James Park on Wednesdays at 7:30PM, beginning 7/15 through 8/19; FREE
9. Ashwaubenon Concerts in the Park at Klipstine Park on Wednesdays from 11:30AM-2PM through 8/5; FREE
PAW Patrol Paw-Palooza at National Railroad Museum 8/7-8/9 from 8:30-6 (CANCELLED)
11. Chalkfest at the KROC center 8/8 from 11-4:30PM; FREE
12. Food-A-Fare Truck Rally at Ashwaubomay Park on 7/9, 7/30, 8/27 & 9/17 from 4:30-8:30PM; FREE
13. Rockin’ in Josten at Josten Park on Mondays 7/20, 8/10, 8/24 & 9/14 from 6-8:30PM; FREE
14. Bellevue Movies in the Park at Willow Creek Park on 7/2 or 8/4 at dusk; FREE
15. Burger Fest &
Hot Air Balloon Rally in Seymour on 8/8; FREE (Hot Air Balloon Rallies on Fri & Sat Cancelled)
16. The Little Mermaid at St Norbert’s Walter Theatre on 8/20-23 at 2 or 7PM
17. Allouez Movies in the Park at Green Isle Park on 7/10 & 8/14; FREE
18. Ashwaubenon Movies in the Park beginning at 6PM on 7/14 at Fort Howard, 7/21 at Smith, 8/4 at Sand Acres & 8/11 at Waterford; FREE
Artstreet in downtown Green Bay 8/28-8/30; FREE (CANCELLED)
20. Brown County Fair on 8/19-8/23; (FREE library morning at the fair on 8/20 from 9AM-Noon)
21. Kites Over Lake Michigan on 9/5 & 9/6 from 11-4 at Two Rivers High School. (This event is typically held at Neshotah Beach but because the beach is much smaller this year due to higher water levels they are having it in the parking lot of the high school. If weather permits you can still head to the beach before or after the event.)
22. Howard Fireworks Show at Meadowbrook Park on 9/6 from 4-9PM (fireworks at 8PM); FREE
23. Outdoor Fun at Kastle Karts, Bay Beach Amusement Park, the NEW Zoo, Wildlife Sanctuary, Bay Beach Mini Golf and/or Duck Creek Golf Center.
24. Try Indoor Fun to beat the heat at Bowling Alleys, Skating Rinks, Movies (De Pere Budget Cinema is open), Kidz Town, Paintin Pottery, Neville Museum, Railroad Museum, Get Air or Chuck E Cheese. Check the let’s go mommy daily calendar for hours & cost for all of the above.
25. Try a new park in the area. There are over 145 to choose from between Ashwaubenon, Allouez, Bellevue, De Pere, Green Bay, Howard, Lawrence and Ledgeview! Find one and try it out from the let’s go mommy park guide here.