Have you ever been to Kidz Town in Green Bay? If not, you should definitely check it out with your kids! My favorite thing about this place is that there are lots of fun areas for the kids to explore all within “eyeshot” of the cafe tables where the parents can sit and relax, talk with friends, have a cup of coffee, do some work or surf the web with the free wi-fi access. Ever since I’ve been going here I’ve never felt like I had to follow my kids around and watch their every move which is very refreshing. It’s so nice to actually be able to relax while the kids are playing.
As of October 16, 2015 Kidz Town is under new ownership. The new owner is Toni Vincent and she is a close friend of the previous owners. With the change in ownership, I wanted to pay another visit to Kidz Town and find out what was new and different and what had stayed the same. So one afternoon in December I took my 4-year old and we visited Kidz Town for a few hours. While my daughter played, I sat down with Toni and she walked me through the “new” Kidz Town. Here is what you can expect if you visit:
1) One of the the biggest changes is that Kidz Town now sells Luna coffee! In addition to Luna coffee there are also Uncle Mike’s Bakery Donuts other snacks, drinks and freshly-popped popcorn available for purchase. But don’t worry, it’s still okay to bring in food and drink from home, McDonald’s or the like! (Thanks, Toni, for knowing how important this little perk was/is to parents!)
2) There are also several other necessities available for purchase in case you forget something at home like diapers, baby food, baby puffs, socks, etc.
3) Some new additions to the play area include a “big kid area” with an air hockey table for ages 7 and up. And a new enclosed area for infants with safe, age-appropriate toys. A few of the other areas have been rearranged and/or given new names as well. (For the full list of play areas, see the “what’s the same” section below.)
4) Another fun perk is that you can now sit in one of the new massage chairs and enjoy a massage for a nominal fee while your kids play.
5) Kidz Town is also now offering some fun, special events like Cocoa & Canvas each month where you can come in with your child and do a painting while enjoying hot cocoa. There are also Mommy & Me and Daddy & Me “date” nights available on select nights. Coming up on April 9th is Lemonade “Prom”enade–a pint-sized prom for kids and parents. Check out the kidz town website for more details on these special events including dates, times and costs.
6) Drop-in daycare is currently not available, but Toni is hoping to be able to offer this added convenience again in the near future.
What’s the same?
1) No shoes are allowed in the play area, but socks are required and available for purchase if needed.
2) As always, there are many different play areas for the kids to explore:
-Rainbow Play System Slide
-Big Kidz Clubhouse for ages 7+ (connected with a door to the air hockey area)
-Home Sweet Home (kitchen, dolls & all things “house”)
-K. T. Tumblers with foam ball pit and mattress for jumping
-Dress-up Areas for Boys & Girls
-Toddler Toys including: Train Set, Little People & Dollhouse
-Little Tykes Cars to Ride On/In
-Little Tykes Roller Coaster
-Books & Music Area
-Toddler Outdoor Play Area (open in summer)
A few pics of the play areas:
3) Balloon animals and face painting are an added bonus for kids on a daily basis free of charge (based on staff availability).
4) An assortment of Melissa & Doug toys are available for purchase.
5) Two bathrooms equipped with changing tables.
6) Kidz Town is still available to host Birthday Parties and Bridal or Baby Showers.
A non-refundable deposit of $75 is required to hold date & time of party.
Semi-Private parties can be held Mon-Fri from 4-6 or 5-7 or Sat 10-12 or 1-3 for $145 +tax.
This includes play time at Kidz Town for up to 11 kids (including the birthday child) with the party room decorated in the theme of your choice with tablecloths, cups, napkins, plates, plastic ware and hanging decor as well as set-up and clean-up by Kidz Town staff. Balloon animals or face painting for friends is available for an additional $25 each. Each additional child beyond 11 is $6 each. Parents bring in their own food & drink and may arrive up to 20 minutes prior to party time and stay 15 minutes after party time. To purchase an additional hour the day of the party is $50.
Private parties can be held Saturdays from 4-6 or Sundays 11-1, 2-4 or 5-7 for $225 +tax.
This includes all of the same amenities as the semi-private parties but you are not sharing the space with any other kids or families. You can also bring in alcohol for adults for private parties if desired.
Kidz Town’s previous owner, Jake, is available to do magic shows for birthday parties at Kidz Town at a special rate of $75.
Plus, more options for birthday parties have just been added! Info & details about parties can be found on the Kidz Town website here.
So where is it? When are they open? And how much does it cost?
Kidz Town is located at 2450 Velp Avenue in Green Bay in the strip mall behind McDonald’s. You can call them at 920-434-1234.
Hours (through Memorial Day)
$9 per child
$7 per additional sibling
Parents & non-walking children always FREE
Punch Card Loyalty program:
Buy 6 admissions, Get 1 free
Buy 9 coffees, Get 1 free
Monthly memberships are also available
1 month: $30 for 1 child, $50 for 2-5 kids (from the same family)
6 months: $70 for 1 child, $95 for 2-5 kids (from the same family)
12 months: $130 for 1 child, $180 for 2-5 kids (from the same family)
With all monthly memberships, members also receive a 10% discount on merchandise and birthday parties.
PLEASE NOTE: All information is accurate as of the original blog posting date of 2/23/16, but is subject to change.